2017 is the year for bedrooms. From comfort to colors, we have the top seven decorating trends for your bedroom.
2017 Bedroom Trends:
- Sleep in Luxury — How old is your current mattress? If you have a tough time remembering when you purchased your current mattress, it may be time to purchase a new one. Once you wake up from a full night’s sleep, you’ll be amazed at how it affects the rest of your day.
- Welcome back wallpaper. Homeowners have had a love/hate relationship with wallpaper throughout the decades. But guess what, we love it again!! Wallpaper is officially cool again and here is why: it makes a statement and we LOVE statement walls. Wallpaper can add a classic touch to any room and comes in a variety of designs and styles. It is a great solution when you want an intricate design on your wall and cannot do it with paint.
- All white everything. White is the purest and cleanest color known to man. Decorating with all white furniture, bedding and decor can make a room timeless, clean, and serene. If you are nervous about decorating only with the color white, try adding subtle pops of color throughout the room. The bold colors should be subtle and few, but they will help make a statement in the room.
- Thrift shop finds. If you love “Do It Yourself” projects, you will love thrifting for furniture. The key is to find furniture that can be repurposed. You can paint the thrift furniture bold colors and replace or keep the vintage knobs/handles. The best part is that your finds will be one-of-a-kind.
- Amenities 101. Why is your bedroom only meant to be slept in? There are endless possibilities of amenities you can add to your bedroom. Try adding a study nook or a coffee bar. Who would not love to relax with a nice cup of joe in bed?
- Personalized headboard. We are obsessed with this trend and you will be too because custom headboards are timeless pieces. This is another DIY project, but the results are well worth the effort you put forth. From bookcases to cushioned headboards, the possibilities for your headboard are endless. Just make sure that your headboard ties in well with the rest of the room’s style.
- Metallic accents. Gold, silver, and rose gold can be luxurious decorative pieces easily added to your space. Designers recommend using these pieces wisely because you do not want to go overboard with metallic decorations.
Finish your bedroom off with the perfect flooring from us. We would love to help you create the perfect space for yourself this year. Contact us or visit us our showroom for more information and pricing. We cannot wait to see how you transform your bedroom!